Saturday, July 25, 2009

Should men only use facial care made "for men"?

Just curious, is it ok for men to use facial care targeted for women, or should they use stuff made specifically for men? Do the ingredients really matter, or is it a marketing strategy?
Should men only use facial care made "for men"?
I think it's often a marketing strategy, as products marketed "for men" tend to have more masculine packaging and scents. The basic ingredients of something, be it moisturiser, shaving foam or shower gel, will remain similar, as they're all meant to do the same job! At home, with the exception of cleanser and individual scent preferences or skin needs, my parents and I all use the same shampoo, shower gel and shaving gel (and even though I'm a girl, I often borrow my dad's "manly" stuff!).





I think it's more a question of how much your mates would laugh at you if the contents of your bathroom cabinet looked "girly", and whether this bothers you at all!


No comments:

Post a Comment