Friday, July 31, 2009

Skin care regiment?

I am in my 20's and lately my skin has been freaking out on me. I am having breakouts more frequently and my pores seem bigger. I have tried a few different products and nothing seems to help. Does anyone have any suggestions for a simple regiment that keeps skin clear and healthy? I have already tried Cetaphil, Neutrogena, Aveeno and Olay. I think I am looking for something a bit more expensive like Clinique or something similar. I have combination skin, oily then dry after cleansing. I just want something that works!
Skin care regiment?
maybe you're stressed?


try a simple soap (like Dove or Ivory ) and water. use your clean fingers in applying soap and do not scrub like crazy!!! rinse very well.


and try to eat a lot of fruits and veggies(to have antioxidants).


and be sure to sleep enough.


and drink lots of water to keep skin hydrated.


Stay out of the sun if you can!
Skin care regiment?
DO NOT USE SOAP ON YOUR FACE, THAT IS SO SO SO BAD! Stuff from mass department stores usually donot work! As a matter of fact it worsens your skin condition. I recommend trying cosmetology skin care regimens such powerful names like ProActiv and Merle Norman Cosmetics. The only problem with ProActiv is that your skin gets immune to it and after time it no longer works for you. Your skin also dries terribly with that instant working then not working crap. IT HAS SULFUR IN IT...EEW! Now with Merle Norman Cosmetics they have an acne line that comes with a cleanser, toner, moisturizer, and spot remover all with a very safe active ingrediant. This product will not and I mean it, it will not dry you skin! They also sell a cleanser called Skin Refining Cleanser with contains polybeads that help to clean out pores for oily skin and remove dead skin cells of dry skin!


Let me know if I can help anymore!
Reply:I have combination skin as well and i have tried almost EVERY DAMN PRODUCT and it made it worse. I've tried from drug store brands right through to Clinique 3 step program. The drug store products were too heavy for me (the creamy ones like St. Ives) and Clinique 3step was great for a month and then my face started breaking out and turning greasy YUK!. Anyway i ditched all that and i got myself a Neutrogena skin clearing cleanser (a foaming one because I've found they're the best for my combination skin - hence not too heavy). I wash my face with water ONLY in the morning and i do my cleansing at NIGHT and it's made a big difference because i used to cleanse twice a day and my face went flaky. I also got a MAC Micro refinisher which i use every 2-3rd day to massage my face and it gets rid of my blackheads. You can also make a face scrub at home which is good because it's all natural products and not toxic/chemical ones.





Just mix honey and brown sugar and it's an instant exfoliant :)) Good Luck.








EDIT: I really really hope women all over wake up one day and realize that all these cleansers and toners and moisturizers that claim to do wonders are only making it worse. Seriously, think about it, back in the days people didn't have all these fancy smancy products and their skin was clear because they used home made, basic products. And frankly, why use a product where you can't even pronounce half of it's ingredients?

art

No comments:

Post a Comment